Effective Negotiation Skills (Batch-18)
23-24 September 2013
25-26 November 2013
Hotel Menara Peninsula/Ibis Hotel/Lumere Hotel, Jakarta
Seminar Objectives/Conference Description:
Learn today’s skills, strategies and tips for successful negotiation in all business transactions –both inside and outside your organization. Deal with customers, vendors, colleagues, bosses, and subordinates with confidence, professionalism and ability to bring about a solution that satisfied both sides.
Negotiation is an essential part of daily life; develop the ability to negotiate successfully, and get the results you want while strengthening working relationship. In this 2 days workshop, you’ll learn to confidently pursue and achieve the best outcome in ordinary and extraordinary situations.
This course provides the skills necessary to conduct negotiations. After finishing this training session, participants are expected to able to understand the very basic of negotiation, the negotiation stages, able to set plan, strategy and negotiation scenarios, able to use negotiation techniques and tactics.
- Establish goals and achieve win/win agreements
- Identify their – and their counterpart’s… negotiating style
- Prepare a strategy for creating integrative agreements
- Demonstrate effective negotiation behaviors
- Learn how to deal effectively with difficult tactics, people and situations
- Build their skills for negotiating more systematically and successfully over time.
Who Should Attend:
Team leaders, supervisors, managers, executives, or any employees who rely on the cooperation of others –inside and outside the company- to meet their goals.
1. Introduction / Background
2. Negotiation: The Basic
• Definition and Role of Negotiation
• Characteristics of Negotiation
• Why Negotiation Fails?
• Individual and Team Negotiation.
3. Negotiation: The Process
• Step-1: Negotiation Preparation
• Step-2: Target, Strategy Scenario Determination
• Step-3: Pre-Negotiation
• Step-4: Face to face Negotiation
• Step-5: Reaching Agreement
• Step-6: After the Negotiation.
4. Negotiation: The Techniques
• Counter Tactics for each step.
5. Negotiation: Simulation/Role Play
Simulation: Techniques and Tactics Implementation Role Play.
Summary and Conclusion.
Sahala P. Sinurat
He accomplished, after getting a scholarship from Overseas Fellowship Program (World Bank), his master degree in Operations Research from University of Delaware, Newark (US) in 1990.
Mr. Sinurat has a proven record of teaching, training and consulting and exposure to different culture behind him, he held several positions at various organizations that include:
- Professional Staff to Lembaga PPM
- Training and Development Manager for Rothmans of Pall Mall Indonesia
- Training and Development Manager for British American Tobacco Indonesia
- Managing Director of PT Samchads Consulting Indonesia.
Mr Sinurat has more than 10.000 hours of teaching in addition to his consulting experience and years of practicing manager. His client list include PT Phillip Morris Indonesia, PT Jasa Marga, PT Pelindo II, PT DaimlerChrysler, PT Capsugel Indonesia, PT Telkom, PT Unilver Indonesia, PT Pembangunan Jaya Ancol, PT BAT, PT Rothmans of Pall Mall Indonesia, PT Coca Cola Bottling Company, PT Amarta Karya, PT Surveyor Indonesia, etc.